Hello Wikimedian,

3D face recognition has become a trending research direction in both
industry and academia. Using your face to authorize to unlock your phone is
popular, but on the web it has not been seen a lot, maybe because it’s not
trivial to implement. Is it possible to implement face verification using
just HTML5, Javascript and some Go? Yes! I did it in an hour using
Javascript, Nodejs, and OpenCV for wikipedia login.

I Implemented face recognition and web login for wikipedia. Please check
following video and screenshots. Very soon I will share code on Github.

   -
   https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Web_login_with_face_recognition.webm
   -

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Web_login_with_face_recognition_login.png
   -

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Web_login_with_face_recognition_and_detection.png
   -

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Web_login_with_face_recognition_and_detection_works.png

Feel free to revert if you have any question.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh Shingare,
Executive member, Wikimedia India Chapter
+91 9890984632
Skype: cherishsantosh |  http://wiki.wikimedia.in