Hi all,

Here are the minutes from this week's TechCom meeting:

* Discussed: Strategy for PHP interface changes <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T193613>.
This RFC proposes policies and strategies to mitigate problems arising from
the need to change
PHP interfaces that are implemented by classes defined by extensions. In
particular, it proposes
a separate policy that defines the stable interface for use by extensions,
see
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Stable_Interface_Policy>.

* Discussed: Reconsider how we run QUnit unit tests <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T212521>.
This RFC proposes restructuring unit tests away from using QUnit.

* Discussed: Serve Main Page of WMF wikis from a consistent URL
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120085>. This RFC proposes serving a
wiki’s main page
from the domain root. The configuration option has been merged as disabled
by default, and
the RFC is ready for discussion with stakeholders.

* Discussed: Need to clarify consequences of approved RFC Define criteria
for setting explicit
PHP support target for MediaWiki <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T228342>.
Guidelines
established by this RFC should be available on mediawiki.org, including
process for announcing
changes to the PHP version required for core on wikitech-l.

* Hosted IRC discussion on Core REST API namespace and version <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T23248>
Minutes: <
https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2019/wikimedia-office.2019-09-25-21.07.html

Log: <
https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2019/wikimedia-office.2019-09-25-21.07.log.html

* No IRC meeting next week

You can also find our meeting minutes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Committee/Minutes>.

See also the TechCom RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

If you prefer you can subscribe to our newsletter here
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:TechCom_Radar>.

Best,
- Alex

--