Hi Máté,

Sorry for the late reply!

Am 20.09.19 um 14:13 schrieb Máté Szabó:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the update. I was wondering, how does the new Front-end
> Architecture Working Group relate to the existing Front-end Standards
> Group?[1] Does it replace the previous group or do they operate independently?

The Frontend Architecture Working Group is independent of the Front-end
Standards Group, but has substantial overlap: Roan, Timo, Santhosh, and Moriel
are in both groups.

While the long term goals of both groups overlap, the Front-end Standards Group
has focused on standardizing libraries and best practices for the client side,
across teams. It's a permanent institution. The Front-end Architecture Working
Group is intended to exist for a limited time, and drive specific changes to the
architecture that will empower us to modernize the front-end.

I hope this clarifies the relationship of the two groups.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, Core Platform