Hi all,

Here are the minutes from this week's TechCom meeting:

<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232563>. This RFC removes IE6 and IE7
from "basic" support
in the MediaWiki compatibility table.

* Discussed: Core REST API namespace and version <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232485>.
This RFC proposes a namespace and version policy for routes in the
MediaWiki REST API.

* Discussed: Section header "share" link <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T18691>.
This RFC aims to make it easier for readers to share links to sections on
wiki pages.

* Discussed: Serve Main Page of Wikimedia wikis from a consistent URL
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120085>. This RFC proposes serving a
wiki’s main page from
the domain root. The configuration option has been merged as disabled by
default, and discussion
with stakeholders is ongoing.

* No IRC meeting next week.

You can also find our meeting minutes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Committee/Minutes>

See also the TechCom RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

If you prefer you can subscribe to our newsletter here
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:TechCom_Radar>

Best,
- Alex

--