That was six years ago, predating extension registration – I would assume
that nowadays extensions are supposed to declare their compatible MediaWiki
versions in extension.json
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extension_registration#Requirements_(dependencies)>
(details
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extension.json/Schema#requires>).

Cheers,
Lucas

Am Fr., 15. Nov. 2019 um 16:38 Uhr schrieb Stephan Gambke via Wikitech-l <
wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>:

> See
> https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/commit/3307d4957925df319df2b84cfc3e6f1680d0632a
>
> "This change allows extensions to specify they depend on a specific
> version or version range of MediaWiki. This is done by adding the package
> mediawiki/mediawiki in their composer.json require section."

Lucas Werkmeister (he/er)
Full Stack Developer

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
https://wikimedia.de

sum of all knowledge. Help us to achieve our vision!
https://spenden.wikimedia.de