Hi there,

Hope I've found the correct list for asking this question.

I was setting up a CI test case for my MediaWiki Client Library to run a bot
that will upload a file to https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org in chunked
stash mode. For most of the time, when I perform the final upload with filekey
parameter, I will receive a fileexists-no-change error from the MW API server.
This is expected, as there is already a same file with the same title on the
site. However, today I received backend-fail-alreadyexists. The error message
looks like

backend-fail-alreadyexists: The file
"mwstore://local-swift-eqiad/local-public/archive/9/95/20191116051316!Test_image.jpg"
 already exists.

Does this error usually occurs when user tries to upload the same file? What's
the difference between fileexists-no-change and backend-fail-alreadyexists?

Thanks,
Xinyan