Just now I asked the following question on the Technical Talk
livestream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-CRsiwYM9w

10:19 AM: Page 20 of Robert West's 2016 Stanford thesis, "Human
Navigation of Information Networks" says, "We have access to
Wikimedia’s full server logs, containing all HTTP requests to
Wikimedia projects."
10:19 AM: The text is at
http://infolab.stanford.edu/~west1/pubs/West_Dissertation-2016.pdf
10:19 AM: Page 19 indicates that this information includes the "IP
address, proxy information, and user agent."
10:20 AM: This is confirmed by West at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0NPhT-fsE&t=25m40s
10:20 AM: Does the Foundation still share that identifying information
with research affiliates? If so, how many are them world-wide; if not,
when did sharing this information stop?
10:25 AM: MediaWiki @James Salsman I see your question, but donfly.
Can we reach out to you after the talk?
10:25 AM: MediaWiki: sorry hit enter too soon!
10:26 AM: MediaWiki: I don't have the full-context of the thesis to
ask kate to answer the question on the fly. Can we reach out to you
after?
10:26 AM: James Salsman: With whom am I corresponding?
10:27 AM: James Salsman: Sarah?
10:28 AM: MediaWiki: Yes! That's me!
10:28 AM: James Salsman: Would it be easier to ask, "how many research
affiliates does the Foundation share server logs with IP addresses?"
10:29 AM: MediaWiki: Yes, I can ask that.
10:30 AM: James Salsman: Thank you.

At 10:34, the messages with the the URLs I posted were removed from
the chat log.

At 10:36, the chat stream was removed from the video, which was
replaced with the text, "Chat is disabled for this live stream," and
now is completely missing.

I am still interested in getting an answer to this question, but
disturbed by the removal of links to sources. Could I please have an
explanation?

Sincerely,
Jim