> So the alpha
> release would have to be tested in a separate environment, with development
> warnings enabled, and someone actually looking at the log. Typically,
> people
> only look at logs after things break.

Is that true? I thought deprecation warnings appeared directly when viewing
a page that used the deprecated code - that was my recent experience of
this with the WikiPage/Revision stuff that is deprecated in 1.35 - I was
experimenting with an extension (in development mode) that hadn't fixed
that issue, and the warnings appeared right there on every page.

   Arthur