On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 7:26 AM Robert Vogel <vo...@hallowelt.com> wrote:

> For the BlueSpice distribution ...
>
> * we have got ~90 active repos hosted on WMF Gerrit and another ~10 in our
> internal Gitlab
>
> * we want to develop as much as possible on the public infrastructure of
> the WMF, so the remaining internal repos will (hopefully) be published in
> the future

Note that any public Git repo would suffice for the purposes of this
proposal.
The Codesearch tool mainly used for this in practice, already indexes
various third-party hosted Git repositories,
including some hosted on GitHub.com, for example.
https://codesearch.wmcloud.org/search/

You can file a task for additional repos to be indexed:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/vps-project-codesearch/

-- Timo