Hi,

The next datacenter switchover is scheduled for the week of June 28th. If you're not familiar with why we do this, I'd suggest reading [1].

Starting next week I'll be reaching out to service owners/maintainers to finalize the list of services that we will be switching over, checking what work/improvements need to be made from what we learned in the last switchover.

One notable change this time is that we are still planning to run the MediaWiki deployment train. This both mimics a real unplanned switchover situation where the train is running, as well as avoiding the situation of having three weeks worth of code go out in one train because of other scheduled train disruptions[2].

The tracking task for this is <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T281515>.

[1] https://diff.wikimedia.org/2017/04/18/codfw-temporary-editing-pause/
[2] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Yearly_calendar

-- Kunal