Le 02/07/2021 à 10:39, karima.ra...@gmail.com a écrit :
Hello,

I would like to push my tests in Jenkins/Gerrit. For the moment, I test
manually and with Selenium IDE my extensions :
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PushAll
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:NamespaceData
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LinkedWiki

I need to have two instances of Mediawiki with these extensions because I need
to test transferring pages from a private wiki to a public wiki.
For the moment in local, I use two docker containers with Mediawiki (and with
Centos7 because I install/compile also specific databases)

I have the time to do this task properly.
How would you do it if you had to?

Hello Karima,

We unfortunately do not have support to spawn multiple MediaWiki at this time. Not that it is impossible but we just don't have the code to be able to define those instances and boot them.

On CI the tests are run in a single container. In it, MediaWiki is being setup and installed using Quibble: https://doc.wikimedia.org/quibble/ It is a home made tool that roughly:

* clone a set of repositories defined in CI and get patches from Gerrit
* install the composer dependencies
* run unit test commands
* Spawn a database and web server
* run the rest of tests such as the Selenium ones

It is all done serially and Quibble only supports setting up and spawning a single MediaWiki instance. In the ideal world we would rely on something like docker-composer to spawn a set of containers and then run tests in that environment, but that doesn't exist yet.

Maybe some of those tests could be written via PHPUnit? I don't know how to simulate two MediaWiki instances in there though :-\

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso