There are a couple projects related to Wiki Education Dashboard / Programs
& Events Dashboard that I'm hoping to mentor for. It's a web application
built with Ruby on Rails and React.js, and it tracks participation in
things like classroom editing projects and editathons.

For Outreachy, the project is to build a Ruby gem for fetching and parsing
Wikidata diffs, so that it's easy to determine what changed — how many
statements or references were added, etc — in a given edit. Once the
Outreachy projects on Phabricator go public, you can find it here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T328389

For GSoC, the project I've listed is to improve the user experience for
setting up a new event on Programs & Events Dashboard when the event
organizer only wants to track contributions to a specific set of articles.
You can find the more detailed description here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T328698

(We're also open to student-proposed projects for the Dashboard, and I've
mentored for several such projects in the past.)

If you're interested in exploring the project and/or chatting about it, you
can request an invite to our Slack channel by sending me an email (
s...@wikiedu.org).

Sage Ross (he/him)
User:Ragesoss / User:Sage (Wiki Ed)