Admittedly I cannot tell since I do not know about the technical dark-age of the wiki. However, some extensions that could have been at play here may have been used in the past. Currently, it does not use extensions with its own tables and alike.

Anyhow, the information this does not come from MediaWiki core is already valuable. I will just kill the offending MySQL lines and continue happily after. At least, this is the plan.

Thanks to all for your input on this!

Cheers