*Sorry for cross-posting*

Hello, this is Wikimedia Deutschland’s Technical Wishes team with news on
Kartographer:

As was requested by many community members, it is now possible to see
nearby articles on a Kartographer map. This offers an additional way of
exploring content on the wikis. The feature was deployed to most Wikimedia
wikis <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T334079> on April 11. To try it
out, open any Kartographer map into full screen mode and click on “Show
nearby articles” in the footer.

Some links if you would like to learn more:

   -

   The help page on mediawiki.org with a short overview of this feature:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Kartographer#Show_nearby_articles

   -

   Our project page with more detailed information:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Geoinformation/Nearby_articles

German, Catalan, Russian and Hebrew Wikipedia, and English and German
Wikivoyage have already been using this feature since October, and have
given plenty of feedback – thanks a lot! If you have any feedback, please
let us know on this talk page:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Geoinformation/Nearby_articles

With this deployment, our focus area “Better support for geo information
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDE_Technical_Wishes/Geoinformation>” is
coming to an end. On behalf of the whole Technical Wishes team, many many
thanks to everyone who tested, gave feedback, was interviewed, reviewed
tickets, or contributed in any other way. It is deeply appreciated!

Johanna

for the Technical Wishes team at Wikimedia Deutschland
--
Johanna Strodt Project Manager Community Communications for the Technical
Wishes project