On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 3:37 PM Thiemo Kreuz <thiemo.kr...@wikimedia.de>
wrote:

> Personally I'm really not sure if a namespace is the best possible
> solution. mediawiki.org is more a continuum of content we collected
> over the years. Pages are rarely up to date. It would probably be less
> cumbersome to consider the existing main namespace an "archive" and
> only mark pages that are known to be up to date.

I'm also on the skeptical side. I think whether something is relevant is
rarely clear-cut. I think most pages where the information is in some sense
old, and cannot be fixed just by updating the page, fall into one of these
categories:

   - The page documents a thing. The thing still exists, but isn't
   important anymore. Maybe it's not used by Wikimedia, but used by others.
   - The page documents a project. The project is finished. The page is not
   outdated (since the project finished, there is no need to change its
   description) but not that relevant to present-day capabilities.

In both of these situations, it's not that obvious whether the reader would
want the page included in the search results or not.