Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing this nice success story!

I’m really happy to hear that over 400 videos were added to articles within
three weeks of your event.

This is a great accomplishment, given that there is still not a lot of video on
Wikipedia at this time. Nicely done!

I just tweeted it here, if you’d like to retweet:
https://twitter.com/fabriceflorin/status/539847861178212353

I also recommended it to our social media team, and am sharing it with our
multimedia and commons mailing lists.

Keep up the great work :)

Be well,

Fabrice

> On Dec 2, 2014, at 5:24 AM, Jesse de Vos <jd...@beeldengeluid.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have written a blogpost about our positive(!) experiences with organizing a
> video-challenge on the UNESCO World day for Audiovisual Heritage. You can
> find it here:
>
> http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/en/blogs/research-amp-development-en/201412/video-challenge-wikipedia-way-stimulate-reuse
>
> <http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/en/blogs/research-amp-development-en/201412/video-challenge-wikipedia-way-stimulate-reuse>
>
> Most notably, over 400 videos were added to articles within three weeks.
> We're very open to suggestions how we can improve these type of 'contests'
> and perhaps there are people who would like to join in for next years' World
> Day of Audiovisual Heritage (7th October 2015)? :)
>
> Best,
> Jesse
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jesse de Vos
> GLAM-wiki coördinator
>
> T 035 - 677 39 37
> Aanwezig: ma, di, do
>
>  <http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/>
> Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid
> Media Parkboulevard 1, 1217 WE  Hilversum | Postbus 1060, 1200 BB  Hilversum
> | beeldengeluid.nl <http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/>

Fabrice Florin
Product Manager, Multimedia
Wikimedia Foundation