----- Original Message ----- From: "kmx" <k...@atlas.cz>
To: <win32-vanilla@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: 32bit strawberry perl with -Duse64bitint

One thing I noticed is that $Config{archname} still reports
'MSWin32-x86-multi-thread'.
I think it should probably differentiate itself from -Uuse64bitint
builds, though I'm not sure of the rules in this regard (if there are any).
Perhaps something like 'MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int' - but if there
are no rules, then I reckon *you* get to choose.

Well, I have changed in config_H.gc:

#define ARCHNAME "MSWin32-x86-64int"

but it is obviously the wrong place and the wrong string - I should revert
it. It seems that some hacking/patching in win32/makefile.mk can fix this.

Oh, yes ... I think that's right. (I've been searching the source for 'multi-thread' and wondering why I wasn't getting any useful hits.)

I already see:

.IF "$(USE_ITHREADS)" == "define"
ARCHNAME !:= $(ARCHNAME)-thread
.ENDIF

So I guess it's just a matter of adding after that something like:

.IF "$(USE_64_BIT_INT)" == "define"
ARCHNAME !:= $(ARCHNAME)-64int
.ENDIF

Looking forward to the arrival of 'MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int-ld' ;-)

you mean -Duselongdouble?

That's right. (It'd be nice - but this is not a serious request for it.)

If one wanted to add the -Duse64bitint capability to the official perl sources (say, for 5.18) would one be looking at providing an additional config.gc (say, config.gc_int64) and an additional config_H.gcc (config_H.gc_int64) ?

That's the way *I* would go about it ... just wondering if you see a better way.

Cheers,
Rob