Hi Lyle,

The main reason is probably no demand for such a thing (+ other reasons like complicated build procedure, license agreements for Oracle stuff ...)

If you are willing to spend some time on testing I can include DBD::Oracle (in "ActivePerl way") in the next strawberry perl release.

I have prepared pre-build distributions - for Strawberry Perl 5.16.2.x (32/64bit), linked with Oracle Instant Client 11.2.0.3.0:
http://strawberryperl.com/package/kmx/perl-modules-par/DBD-Oracle-1.56-MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.16.2.par
http://strawberryperl.com/package/kmx/perl-modules-par/DBD-Oracle-1.56-MSWin32-x64-multi-thread-5.16.2.par

You can install them into strawberry perl simply by running:
c:\> pip <par_file_url>

You also need Oracle Instant Client 11.2.0.3.0 + put it in your PATH (it might also work with other versions) - no SDK, just Client

It would be nice if you can install + test the above mentioned *.par with a real Oracle DB.

--
kmx