On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 01:29:42PM +0300, Victor Miasnikov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 03:53:05PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> >
> >>The code in my module that has the problem starts at line 186 here:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/DrHyde/perl-modules-CPAN-ParseDistribution/blob/master/lib/CPAN/ParseDistribution.pm#L186
> >
> >I've factored the Unix-specific code into a separate module now, so if
> >anyone gets a chance to look at it, it should be easier to fix.
>

> Ok,
> for All who not have time open 1-10 URLs, see _related_ content:
>
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/6c50e2a4-6c0f-1014-988b-f0c2162c787f

> Output from 'C:\Perl16\site\bin\dmake.exe test':
>
> C:\Perl16\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0,
> 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t
> 'tar' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> no AUTHOR_TESTING, skipping a bunch of tests

This is not relevant.  That's the tests detecting that you don't have
tar installed and thus skipping all the tests that require it.

> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x3a39a4c, Perl interpreter:
> 0x2f23974 at
> C:\Perl16\cpan\build\Parallel-ForkManager-1.03-NooagN/blib/lib/Parallel/ForkManager.pm
>  line 511.
>
> ( VVM: see later  "CORE::exit($x || 0);" )

Here's the details of what's happening in the tests:
  https://gist.github.com/wchristian/dcace83dc70011ae47ca

So I think that these are just warnings and can (for now) be ignored.

> t/fileindexer.t ...
> Dubious, test returned 15 (wstat 3840, 0xf00)
> Failed 9/38 subtests

The message "failed 9/38 subtests" is a bit misleading. It actually
appears to mean that something is crashing horribly at about line 147 of
this file - there are nine tests remaining to be run at that point:

https://metacpan.org/source/DCANTRELL/CPAN-ParseDistribution-1.5/t/fileindexer.t

This makes sense, as trying to parse the Acme-BadExample distribution is
where it tests the magic for having the child process time out.

> VVM>> ActiveState 5.16.0 ?  Why not 5.16.3? Why not S.B.Perl?
>
> D.C.> You mean why did my original email point at a test report from perl
> 5.16.0?
> D.C.>Because, errm, that's where the test report came from.
> D.C.> I don't control what build of perl people use.
> +
> D.C.>  . . .could just attempt to debug solely by using the CPAN-testers
> but . . .
>

> IMHO, need simply answer to "perl people"/tester ( i.e. to Christian Walde)
> :
> -- please send result of testing with Strawberry Perl 5.18 and/or 5.16.3

Here <http://tinyurl.com/l6am97l> are several other identical test failures
on various versions of perl on Windows.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Hail Caesar!  Those about to vi ^[ you!