Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> I'd prefer if we could abstract parts of the current checks and put
> that into aclocal. For instance many tests do something like
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADER(xx.h)
> if ac_cv_header_xx = yes
> then
>   AC_CHECK_LIB(xx)
> fi

Actually, now that I look at it, I'm a little confused by this usage in
the first place.  If the test is that simple, wouldn't it be better to
use the form:

And in the case of an if/then/else/fi:

  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(xx.h, AC_CHECK_LIB(xx),
    [ echo "Failed..."
      exit 1 ]
  )

Is there some reason this was avoided?  I noticed a few of the header
tests only fire off if _all_ headers are present; this presents a bit of
a wrinkle.  However, three of the four tests that do this have
X11/Xlib.h as the first of two header files.  These three tests could be
nested inside a AC_CHECK_HEADERS(X11/Xlib.h, ...) call.  The fourth
case, for the OpenGL stuff, is more complex, and may have to be left as
is.

I'll throw a patch together.... (c:

John

--