> Well, it was done that way for a purpose ;-)
>
> The problem is that the higher-level thread libraries (typically pthreads)
> tend to make certain assumptions about things application programs typically
> do or don't do, and these are sometimes violated by Wine.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed.

> B.t.w. this topic comes up regularly, but has never been satisfactorily
> solved :-/   If you have any new ideas, they would most certainly
> be welcome ...

I suppose one question (for which I don't have the answer at the moment)
is does the current Solaris x86 libthread implementation modify the LDT.
If it doesn't, than it sounds like we're set.  BTW, it probably wouldn't
be the end of the world if this is only true of newer Solaris versions.
As it stands now wine doesn't seem to work on any version of Solaris x86.

I'll look further at the issues when I find the time.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |