Hi wine developers,

I'm the developer of pstoedit - a GPLed program that can translate PostScript
to a bunch of different vector formats. (www.geocities.com/wglunz/pstoedit/).
For Windows platforms I also provide a driver to create EMF files. This driver
currently used the Windows-API. More and more I get requests whether
I couldn't provide this EMF driver also on non-Windows platforms, e.g. Sun
Solaris (Sparc) or HP-UX or Linux (here as native Linux application, not as .exe).

Now I tried to use libwine but have the following problems / questions:
Without any change, libwine.a doesn't compile on Solaris-Sparc. I needed
to comment out some assembler parts.
Question: is libwine not intended to be usable also on non Intel platforms ?

The libwine.a as produced by "make libwine.a" doesn't contain the needed
GDI calls like:
        Rectangle  Polyline SetTextAlign  CreateBrushIndirect CreateMetaFileA
So I need e.g. also libgdi32.so - right ? How can I "make" this without building
whole wine ? Configure doesn't seem to have an option for this (just for
the libwine.a/so)

Also libgdi32.so doesn't compile under Solaris-Sparc (using gcc) - same problem
with assembler code as above.

So I searched for the functions that I need and found most of them in the
graphics/enhmetafiledrv directory.
Unfortunately, these are not exactly the effective Win32 functions, but instead
some internal functions that are called via the upper GDI layer.

Now it get's a bit frustrating. It seems so that I need to build lot's of wine (and
this doesn't work under Solaris-Sparc due to the assebmler code) just to be
able to use the GDI functions that write to a Metafile.

Question: isn't there a more direct way I can build just the parts that I need
to write a Metafile ? I even cannot imagine why the code to write a Metafile
is so platform dependent. Is there a way to get a GDI that supports just
metafiles and omit all the stuff that isn't needed ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang