On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Marcus Meissner wrote:
[...]
> nameless unions for aviplay (someone said this is needed for RH7 / newer gccs)
<lots of ifdefs NONAMELESSUNION>

   I don't think this is the right way to do it.

   Ok, this is Winelib code so it is not subject to the 'no nameless
union' ban that applies to regular Wine code.

   But since this code does not support nameless unions, then we should
compile it with NONAMELESSUNION defined. For instance you can add it to
DEFS in Makefile.in. But there is probably a better place.

   And if you really want the code to compile with and without nameless
unions (may be necessary if you want to compile it on Windows), then I
would recommend to follow the advice of the Winelib User Guide.

See http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs/winelib-user/portability-issues.html#ANON

(comments about the above doc are welcome btw)

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
                  In a world without fences who needs Gates?