On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, you wrote:

> Looking  at the X11DRV driver there are quite a few places where the
> GDI_GetObjPtr return value is not tested; how about returning the appropriate
> error code in case of failure ? Quick and easy, and also the Right Thing (TM).

Yes I wondered about that. The problem is, what is the Right Thing - fail the
BitBlt operation? Also Alexandre mentioned a few days ago that he was not keen
on rippling errors back up the function chain if nothing useful could be done at
the top-level.

On futher digging I wonder if I've found the root of the problem. The Win32 API
says that DeleteObject() does not delete an object which is currently
selected into a DC, and returns 0 in that case. Wine doesn't seem to
carry out that check, and from the trace I posted earlier the DeleteObject() on
the in-use bitmap returned 1.
--
Dave Pickles