Uwe Bonnes wrote:
    >>  Did you check that it is CreateProcess that adds the absolute path?
    >> I would guess the MS C Library will do it.

    Dan> Not quite sure how to check.  Can you suggest a way?

Run with relay and snoop on builtin and native msvcrt. Eventually instrument
the builtin msvcrt with more debugging output.
(I assume by "eventually" you mean "possibly", given that your native tongue is german...)

>> Fiddling with CreateProcess needs good throught.

Dan> I have not as yet fiddled with CreateProcess, only with the code
Dan> that starts off the initial process when you run Wine, I think.

There has been discussion on that subject before. Did you check that your
problems is unrelated?
Can't find it in the archive.  Can you send me the URL?

But don't take my arguments to serious;-)
I'm more worried about the fact that I haven't run the regression
tests on native Windows -- my first run of microsoft's api logger
under winxp suggests that argv[0] isn't always an absolute path
there!   (Yeah, that's easy to check without fancy tools, but
I ran the fancy tools to watch ShellExecuteA, and happened to
notice it.)  Also, I should probably run them with
native msvcrt under wine as you suggest.

I guess I should vow never to post a patch until I have a
conformance test to check it, and have run all conformance tests
under both Wine and at least one version of Windows (maybe both
win9x and winxp to be safe).
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel