Juan Lang wrote:
Any advice on where to put code that needs to be
shared by multiple dlls?  I'm tweaking the SMB code
right now, and I'd like to reuse it in netapi32 (to
implement some of the Net functions) as in kernel32
(for CreateFile and CreateNamedPipe).

I'm thinking a new directory in libs (libs/smb).  Any
better ideas?
first of all, most code dealing with file/pipe opening will be moved from kernel32 to ntdll (at least the core)
moreover, the SMB code (currently) is more a proof of concept than a full implementation of SMB (using SAMBA if possible would of course be preferred)
the internal NTDLL interfaces for handling file systems are likely to evolve very shortly
I also assume that you're referring (parly) to NetBios resolution
if so, then copying the code might not be a wrong answer for now
if not, please explain what you want to do in more details

A+

--
Eric Pouech