Just a thought which may or may not be completely out of proportion: In
which sense can Wine and native Desktop be easily synchronized? I see a
number of problems such as who should synchronize to whom. Why make an
arbitrary Unix desktop synchronize to a Wine start menu? Why not the
other way around? Wine builds in all other areas on top of the existing
Unix platform. Is it really useful to start to base the native Unix
desktop on Wine? Or is this the first step in getting Wine as yet another
Unix desktop into the picture?

I am not talking about a complete desktop, just about a little submenu in your K-menu, or Gnome menu, or whatever menu one could be using. Such a thing already exists, but is implemented with scripts instead of with a Wine deamon/linux client. The current system does not seem to be to flexible. Therefore, I suppose that a setup with wine deamon as a server and a linux client would be better. For example: one could easily add support for more desktop environments, without the changing the deamon.

Robert