On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hans Leidekker wrote:

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 14:07, Francois Gouget wrote:

What I meant is that we should check for one of these new APIs that we
need, and if we don't find it we should just do as if lcms.h was
missing.

Yes of course, I meant that too, and we should do that. But you presented this as a better solution for the breakage Gerald experienced than asking him to upgrade to lcms 1.13, which I don't agree with.

I do think it's a better solution. Just like it's better to let Wine compile even if the ALSA development libraries are not installed or obsolete, eventhough the resulting winealsa is going to be non-functional.

If you want to make sure that users don't accidentally build Wine without lcms support you could modify configure.ac to print out a warning like we do for ALSA & co:

if test -z "$ALSALIBS"
then
  echo "*** Alsa not detected. The winealsa.drv.so driver will be a dummy."
fi

However i'm not sure that's warranted.

A related question is which version is normally shipped on FreeBSD (and I guess that's likely different for 4.x and 5.x). I guess that for 4.10 this is 1.09 but for 5.x it's probably a more recent version. Next question is: with the threading / memory allocation issues, does Wine have a chance to run right on 4.x? If not and lcms is up-to-date enough in 5.x then supporting the old 1.09 is probably not a priority.

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
         Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient \xE0 demander