I'm not sure what I'm writing here is appropriate for actual "headings". It's just some points to keep in mind when writing the actual chapters.

Brian Vincent wrote:

[1] Chapter outlines:

Title: "Wine: Running Windows Applications on Linux" [4]
1. Wine Introduction[15 pages]
What is Wine?
How Can Wine Help You?
An Introduction to Windows Components
Overview of Wine's Components
Recent Changes to Wine
A History of the Wine Project
How Can You Get Wine?

Back to earth - what will wine not do at this stage.

2. Installing Wine [20 pages]
System Requirements
Bundled Versions
Downloading Packaged Versions
Accessing CVS
Compiling and Installing Wine

The soft vs. hard dependencies. How to tell whether you have everything you need.

        Uninstalling Wine

5. Installing Common Programs [35 pages]
Microsoft Office

Internet explorer?

        Adobe Photoshop
        File Utilities
        Peer-to-Peer Applications
        Further Help: The Wine Application Database

10. Introduction to Winelib [20 pages]
Introduction to Winelib

Make sure you mention here that you'll still need wine at the end of the day!

        Licensing Considerations
        Portability Considerations
        Getting Started
        Understanding the Winelib toolkit
        A Roadmap for Porting
        Installation of the MinGW Compiler

13. Advanced Porting Techniques [25 pages]
C++ Problems
Working with Microsoft Foundation Classes

Actually, Boaz can probably help you with:
Working with Advanced Template Library

Working with Templates
Moving From Visual Studio to MinGW

PPS. I'd like to think this won't affect WWN because I really have no
life. However, that's not too realistic. Hopefully WWN won't suffer
too much.

Let's hope so. Good news is that you'd have to keep on the wine mailing list.

      Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.