On 12/10/06, Dmitry Timoshkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Steven Edwards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greenville is virtually abandonware and while its not really possible
> to claim the font was ripped of it still was being developed under the
> umbrella of the ReactOS project. Even if work on it is revised and
> completed, until the situation with ReactOS changes I doubt it would
> make it in to winehq.

Greenville's face is substantially is different from Tahoma, the only
thing which is similar to Tahoma is character widths, which makes
Greenville a compatible replacement of Tahoma. Since I worked for
a publishing company for 10 years, and I know how the font faces are
being created, I should say that although Greenville has been developed
(formally) for ReactOS I don't think that that fact should make it less
useable outside of it.

Is there an official policy on whether or not Greenville would be
accepted into Wine? Way back in September 2004 (and quoted in WWN 241
[1]) it was said that Greenville was written in some expensive program
other that fontforge - is that hindering its inclusion?

--Murph

[1] http://www.kernel-traffic.org/wine/wn20040924_241.txt