On 10/10/09 22:11, Danila Sentiabov wrote:
Hi, everyone.

A n00b problem here :-)
I can't figure out how to compile an old version of Wine with git.
One could always get the latest version with "git fetch && git rebase origin", but now I need 1.1.28 for testing purposes. Already tried some lame things and stared at manpages for about half an hour with no success :-)
Could someone please help me in this matter?

--
Best regards,
Danila Sentiabov aka dsent



This is what I would do.

[...@hal wine-git]$ git checkout -b my28 wine-1.1.28
Switched to a new branch 'my28'
[...@hal wine-git]$ git describe
wine-1.1.28
[...@hal wine-git]$ cat VERSION
Wine version 1.1.28

The when you are finished with it.

[...@hal wine-git]$ git checkout master
Switched to branch 'master'
[...@hal wine-git]$ git describe
wine-1.1.31
[...@hal wine-git]$ git branch -d my28
Deleted branch my28 (was f6f458a).

Alasdair



Reply via email to