Hi, Doc,    I would love to be a part of the fiftieth reunion! Mary
P.S. Mike, could you get me on this mailing list as "collinsmary...@gmail.com"?
Thank you.

    On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:20 PM, James Ayres <jay...@cvctx.com> wrote:

 Amazing responses today!  30 in all I think.  And some grand ideas to toss
back and forth. I’m looking forward to hearing from everyone.  Yes, it is
early, but the 2015 experience behind me, I can assure you that physical
arrangements (room, board, venue) will take well over a year to plan.
So here’s what we have so far from you:  approval of the early start, the
committee idea, at least two plays, including Camp Shakespeareans, having
retreat(s) or meetings before reunion, and exploring a variety of ways to
celebrate the 50th.  There is some concern with early meetings and venues but
I’d certainly hate for us to be worried at this point about what we think will
not work.  Your letters say that you are eager to play again.  Let’s go from
there.
Beginning, we need to talk with James about what plans he has for the 50th.  I
have begun that conversation and will continue in September.  Next, I think it
would be good to have a committee of 6 or 8 to develop ideas for possible
schedules, “retreats” or “early meetings” prior to the reunion week and play
selection.  If we could get something of a broad outline of that set down, we
could begin to talk to folks about reservations.  And maybe another committee
of say 4-6 begin thinking about other ways of celebrating the 50th, involving
Camp kids and James’ students as well, and former students who can come for
only the weekend of performances and the great meal!
One thing IS clear: we cannot use the Winedale stage for work or play until
James is through and that may be August 17.  And another: the fee will be about
$1,000 per person.
I can tell already that there is interest in general gatherings of the
performing groups (like the Wednesday evening in 2015) so if we increased the
number of days, there might be two such times for that.
All for now, with thanks!
Doc