[Winona Online Democracy]

"Did you mistype this Mr Bothun or did I just read it too fast?

"I agree with you that the GDP growth of the last 24 quarters was the result of
tax policy, not divine intervention"

You seem to be contradicting yourself in your efforts to rebolster your
premise."

No I didn't mistype.  There is just no measure of the economy that makes the
last six years look good.  I know you love that 4% unemployment number.  I'd be
happy to explain why it doesn't mean what you think it means but for now just
ponder the fact that the rate of new job creation has lagged the increase in
the workforce cause solely by population growth in 16 of Bush's 24 quarters and
I think you'll see that there's clearly something awry with that statistic.

I think our poorly thought out tax policy is at least part of the problem.  Tax
cuts, along with the offsetting spending costs "may" have been a good thing for
the economy, at least in the short term (We can argue that another time).
Those tax cuts WITHOUT the spending cuts have created a TREMENDOUS drag on the
economy in the form of a widening trade gap and a declining value of the
dollar.  The tax policy of the current administration is a disaster by any
measure, liberal or conservative.  And you can't keep pouring all the blame on
9-11 or Clinton.

We're coming up on six years past 9-11 and seven years after Clinton.  Most
historians would put the end of the Great Depression somewhere around 1938,
about five years after Roosevelt took office.  Certainly the Great Depression
and Herbert Hoover were bigger challenges to overcome that was the Clinton
administration.  The postwar era I provided GDP statistics for began in 1947,
less than five years after Pearl Harbor.   Pearl Harbor and WWII must have been
challenges at least equal to 9-11 and Iraq.

You don't have to have a blind hate for this administration to miss seeing its
accomplishments, there just haven't been any to see.

Bryon