[Winona Online Democracy]

Please forward this to anyone you think would find this of interest.
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT HEALTH CARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT?
Do you think our health care system is a mess? Do you support health care
reform that
guarantees quality, comprehensive health care that is also efficient to
administer and controls spiraling costs?

  Please come Saturday, March 10, 2007 to Stark Hall Science Lab Center at
Winona State University
 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM to learn about single payer universal health care as
the solution.

  We are pleased to announce an event of a newly formed group, the Great
Northern States Health Care Initiative, and guest speaker Kip Sullivan,
author of “the Health Care Mess: How We Got Into It and How We Will Get
Out of It.” Mr. Sullivan has been teaching and writing about the
American health care crisis since 1986. He will share some of his
research and his ideas of how to fix the health care problem in this
country.

  The Great Northern States Health Care Initiative is a nonpartisan
group of folks from both sides of the Mississippi River, Minnesota
and Wisconsin, who have come together for the purpose of advocacy for a
better health care system in our states and our nation.

  Single-payer health care is a system in which a single public or
quasi-public agency organizes health financing, but delivery remains
largely private. This system would be fair, affordable, universal, and
would let us use the doctor and hospital of our choice, without
unneeded waits for needed surgical procedures.

  Please join us on Saturday, March 10 at WSU's Stark Hall - corner of
Washington and Sanborn just west of Somsen.
We will educate ourselves and others in our communities on the importance of a
single-payer health care system. We recognize there are current
political obstacles to a single-payer system yet we hope to raise awareness as
to its benefits.

 We hope to see you there.

Craig Brooks