----- Original Message -----
From: "David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: [WinPcap-users] ANNOUNCE: WinPcap 3.0 alpha has been released

> Hello,
>

> Can This version solve the problem of loopback ?
>
> Thatīs means, when I write a packet on the network interface
> I read it.

No.
The problem is that this feature is available only on win2k (through the
undocumented flag you mentioned), and on XP (through a documented flag), but
it is not possible under 9x OSes, and on NT4; the consequence is that the
winpcap behaviour is different among OSes.

Nevertheless, I think that maybe we can add this feature (by default
disabled), which can be enabled (on XP/2k) which a proper API.

GV