Rob Henningsgard wrote:

The answer to all of the above questions is "YES, but it wasn't a bug
in NPF.SYS". I just found a bug in a rarely-used piece of my code which allowed me to call pcap_sendpacket() with an obviously illegal length of 1528 bytes. Depending on what pcap had done prior to getting this illegal call, any/all of the above symptoms could occur.

I'd say that it's a bug in npf.sys if it doesn't fail in a more graceful way when handed a packet with an illegal length....

================================================================== This is the WinPcap users list. It is archived at http://www.mail-archive.com/winpcap-users@winpcap.polito.it/

To unsubscribe use mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]