Hi,

I am writing an application that uses WinPcap, and I need it to be able to run in Safe Mode. WinPcap 3.1 beta 4 does not seem to launch under "Safe Mode with Networking" in Windows XP. If I manually add a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot for NPF, it refuses to launch. Typing "net start npf" gives the following:

The NetGroup Packet Filter Driver service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 31 has occurred.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

 Has anyone else been able to do this?  Thanks for your help.

   -Brian