From: Gianluca Varenni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday 6 February 2005 22:15
To: winpcap-users@winpcap.polito.it
Subject: Re: [WinPcap-users] Logging problem with Server 2003

Hi.

It's rather strange. WinPcap does not interact with the TCP/IP stack in any way (apart from retrieving the IP addresses of each newtork adapter).

Do you have any VPN/Personal firewall software installed on your machine? Can you provide me more details on the hardware (network cards) you are using? Your network card seems to perform IP and TCP checksum offloading (i.e. the IP and TCP checksums are computed by the board, instead of the tcp/ip stack).

Have a nice day
GV