Hi,

I noticed that on some installations there is always an entry returned for the generic driver even if there's no such hardware available.
If a mainboad contains a miniport slot for either a miniport dialup modem or a miniport networkcard, at least Windows XP will install a miniport driver (recognized by the library as a valid entry), but because the actual modemdriver or networkdrivers are not installed, trying to access it will crash the software. Anybody has similar experiences? or better a solution to distinguish between an actual filled and properly installed slot and an empty slot/ rogue miniport driver? I am talking about otherwise clean machines who never had the miniport slot used.

Regards,

Thaddy

================================================================== This is the WinPcap users list. It is archived at http://www.mail-archive.com/winpcap-users@winpcap.polito.it/

To unsubscribe use mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]