Loris Degioanni wrote:
Welcome to the enchanted world of kernel level programming and debugging!
First suggestion: it's normally not a good idea to make products based on windows drivers (or modified versions of them) if you don't know what you are doing more than well. It will very soon be a pain for your users (under the form of several blue screens) and for you when you'll have to support them.
Said that, if you just want to see the place in the driver where the problem happened, the best thing to do is:

- configure windows to emit kernel dumps
- download, install and configure windbg (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx)
- open the crash dump with windbg
- do a !analyze -v

Other suggestion: download DebugView. It's free and it's able to scan a kernel dump to find the Debug Prints of your driver (if you have any), very useful for post-mortem analysis.

Thanks! Could you let me know what sort of tool chains I need to compile winpcap (including the driver)? I was hoping that I wouldn't need to, but it is probably the problem here...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>