On 09/08/17 00:16, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> 3) not having any headers installed

> Any thoughts on this pattern?

I suspect this would be a packaging issue - packages that build modules
should depend on whatever headers (etc.) that are necessary for building
the module. I can't think of any distro where that isn't the norm, and
it's not normally up to the upstream developers to check those things
(they provide the software source, packagers provide something that
works specifically with the distro).

OTOH, if people are installing from source and expecting to be able to
build a kernel module without kernel headers... that's a user-education
issue.