On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Geo Kozey <geoko...@mailfence.com> wrote:
> No, with fixed resolv.conf pointing to local namserver only there would be no
> DNS resolution as your cache has to come from somewhere. I'm talking
> specifically about local nameserver without external connectivity but I think
> users may want to use their own static nameservers with dynamic one which
> they get from wg for whatever reason. Having to chose one over another as
> only possibility isn't best solution IMO.

Usually people who do this usually point their cache toward the remote
tunneled nameserver, via, say, dnsmasq's -S option. Some people do
indeed enjoy multiple entries in their resolv.conf and rely on this
generally buggy behavior, which means you could make an argument that
I shouldn't be using openresolv's "-x" option, and maybe you'd have a
case. But I don't care for nobs, and those powerusers probably don't
want wg-quick anyway or can just use PostUp.

In any case, this is a different issue from what this thread is trying
to determine, so if you'd like to bikeshed -x vs -m and options and
whatnot in openresolv, please do so on an entirely different thread
with a different subject.