Thank you all or the responses.

Wow. This seems like a big issue for Android and iOS. How many people like me
that are tethering, go about convinced their devices are inheriting the VPN
connection? Are there channels to communicate with both Google and Apple about
this?

@Harsh - I do have a rooted Android device with Wireguard on I can use for
tethering. Say I build my kernel module from the list you sent. How do I go
about integrating it into the Wireguard Android app?

Thanks,
Jose