> Guest access-
>
> - How do you "sponsor" visiting guest?
> - Any self-service mechanisms for staff and faculty to quickly get a
> visitor on the wireless network without having to contact someone in
> IT?
> - Any guest access horror stories?

We support [at least] two wireless SSIDs on our equipment.

The private one goes to our captive portal which issues IP address
within Ga Tech address space and requires users to authenticate against
our kerberos realm before passing packets to our networks or the
internet.

The public SSID is broadcast and has no security.  It is bridged at
layer two to a VLAN that is handed off to a local wireless ISP who
handles the traffic.  The ISP issues DHCP addresses in their address
space and sells access to public users.  Users can purchase access
online with a credit card or purchase discounted passes through the
ISP.  Conference and even organizers on campus can choose to purchase
access passes in bulk and include them as one of the immenities to
conference attendees, etc.

I believe Georgia State University, also here in Atlanta, has a
similar arrangement with the same ISP.

--
Earl Barfield  --  Academic & Research Technologies / Information Technology
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]