> From:    Keith Moores <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Another RADIUS Question (802.1x)
>
> 802.1X WEP appears to be the problem with the MacBook Pro rather than
> a specific flavor of EAP.  We just tested a yet to be released
> (hopefully soon) software update from Apple that fixes the problem.
>
> -Keith

What version of IOS are you running on your APs?  We had problems with
some variant of 12.3(4) that would not play nice with Apple's Airport
Extreme card.  There was a bug in Cisco's firmware with regards to
open vs shared authentications.  The PC clients seemed to overlook it,
but Apple's refused to associate.  If you turned off WEP, it worked,
which made it appear to be a WEP problem.

Anyway, IOS 12.3(7) fixed the problem.  We're happily running
12.3(7)JA2 now.

--
Earl Barfield  --  Academic & Research Technologies / Information Technology
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]