----- Original Message ----- From: "John Watters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco Airespace APs with AIrwave AMP Management

My questions to the list are:

1) Is the Airwave person correct that the AMP product can do all (or
almost all) of what the Cisco WCS+Location Appliance pairs do when
managing an Airespace environment?

No, I would say that person is not correct.

We demoed AMP. It has nowhere near the mapping features of WCS. Unless Airwave has dramatically improved over the last 6 months.

I ran AMP for about a month in our demo. It was OK.

I've only played with WCS a bit, but in my book it is more feature rich.

The University of Wisconsin Madison used AMP in a large deployment, but they've got the fat Ciscos, not the LWAPPs.

--
Steve Fletty
Network Engineer