I always understood that 802.11G provides connection rates of 54 meg. but
realistically has usable throughput of ~24meg.  Also, if a B radio
associates to a G AP then the usable throughput drops to ~8 meg.  I was
advised today that, due to recent enhancements (within the last year?), a
B user in a G cell no longer lowers the bandwidth <24meg. for all G users
in the cell.  It doesn't sound right to me.....can anyone comment on these
'enhancements' (if they do exist?)

James Savage                                   York University
Senior Communications Tech.       108 Steacie Building
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605            Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5701                                M3J 1P3, CANADA