Have you ruled out cabling?

Frank

From: Fishel Erps [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:39 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Odd PoE Message - Cisco 3750

All,

    I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this error.  It was taken
from the only two switches out of my sixty + switch network.  They are all
model Cisco WS-C3750-24PS-P.  They are running  firmware
c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SED1.bin.  All of my sixty switches are running this
firmware.   Only 2/115 APs are generating this error.

Error (repeates itself):
Sep 20 12:05:31: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error,
Interface Fa1/0/1:
Power Controller reports power Imax error detected

My port configs (identical for 115 problem-free APs, and 60 + switches):
interface FastEthernet1/0/19
power inline consumption 9600
switchport access vlan 99
no mdix auto

    I am using BlueSocket APs, model BSAP-1540.  Cisco's website does not
have the exact full description of my error in searchable text.  The general
issue they say, is caused by a type-1 Token Ring device.  These APs are
Ethernet.  I have tested the cables, tried different ports, reloaded the
switch, changed the configs around, etc.  The only thing I haven't done yet,
is RMA the AP.  Before I do so, has anyone out there come across this yet?

--

Fishel Erps
Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer
School of Visual Arts