From: Emerson Parker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:47 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN]

As far as Windows is concerned, it does an average of the signal levels
it sees.  The problem is that Windows doesn't scan often enough or long
enough to actually see the beacon and sometimes records a zero
measurement.  Multiple readings of zero results in a lower average and
the false impression of widely fluctuating signal levels.  .

If not windows, it could be as simple as the AP alternating antennas for
the beacon and the position of the clients can't see the second antenna
as well as the first.

-Emerson