From: Lee H Badman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:26 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] The Aesthetics of 11n?

No offense to anyone- but for us the enclosure notion is cost
prohibitive. Can almost double the per-AP cost which has significance
when thousands of APs are considered... same with antennas and injectors
(and per AP licensing in management systems- this one makes me cringe).
It all adds up, bigtime. Far better (from purely a fiscal standpoint) to
have cheap manageable PoE in standard switches and APs with integrated
antennas that are handsome enough to see the light of day:)

Lee H. Badman
Wireless/Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services
Syracuse University